Netgear extender is the perfect device if you want to boost the WiFi range of your existing router. Many users ask why Netgear is the best option when comes to buy a new extender even if there are many more brands claiming to give the best WiFi coverage. If you are also looking for an answer to the same question, we can help.
Why Get a Netgear Extender?
Netgear is a reliable brand leading the WiFi industry for a long time. The extender models offered by the company are not only able to give high performance but also capable of efficiently turning the no signal zones in your house to signal zones. Best of all, Netgear extenders work well with almost all routers. Therefore, there is no need to change your current router.
We hope you got the answer!
Moving on, let’s now make you familiar with the setup process of Netgear extender. You can configure the device using various methods like Manual and WPS. Have a look at the step-by-step instructions given below to know how to setup Netgear WiFi extender.
Methods to Configure Netgear Extender
This method lets you set up your extender with the press of a button. Know how!
- Plug your WiFi extender to a power outlet and turn it on.
- Make sure your device is getting sufficient and fluctuation-free power supply.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear WiFi range extender and press it.
- Once done, locate and press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- Wait till all the LEDs on your Netgear extender lit up.
Once done, you are good to go.
Now, you can relocate your extender to a place needing extended signal range and start surfing the internet.
This is the most preferable method for doing the Netgear extender setup. Follow the steps below to know how to execute the manual method for WiFi extender setup.
- Power up your Netgear extender by plugging it into a wall socket.
- Now, connect the extender to your router by making use of an Ethernet cable.
- Get access to your computer/laptop.
- Launch your preferred web browser.
Note: The web browser selected by you must be updated to the latest version and free of browsing history, cache, and cookies.
- Visit my-wifiext and hit Enter.
- As soon as you hit the button, you will be prompted to enter login details.
- Enter the default username and password.
Note: If you are not having default credentials, either access Netgear extender manual or approach support technicians.
- Once you are done with entering default credentials, hit Log In.
- Choose a WiFi network you want to extend and proceed further by hitting the Next button.
- Now, enter the WiFi passphrase on the prompted screen.
- Hit the Finish button to complete the setup process.
- You will be taken to the dashboard of your extender.
- Now, you can unplug your extender and relocate it to the area of your choice.
You are done with new extender setup What are you waiting for? Start tweaking various settings of your extender the way you fancy.
Whether you want to create a Guest network or change default admin details, you can customize the settings of your Netgear extender as per your needs and requirements.
We hope that using the aforementioned methods, you will set up your Netgear extender like a pro.